Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sanjeev @ Aurora ' 06

Just came back from one of the frustrating rendezvouz with one our esteemed professors of our coveted college. It is said that one needs to be a fighter in all aspects, perseverance being the key, never feel lost no matter what the adversities staring right in to your eyes at close quarters.
I've been a patient listener to advices which define a SYSTEM in profound terms..... something like it is like transfer function.... the input is given and when it is transformed into an output, it is very much the input but with refinement and accountability overheads added to it.People at their best, when it comes to flabbergasted remarks as if they were established peers or saints professing disciplinary and moral virtues.

Well i guess majority of the hands will rise with unanimity if i ask this question - How many of you like to be showered upon by praise and upteem recognition????

Precisely the reason I took charge in organising the annual cultural festival of our insitute-AURORA (this name really scares me now.. !!!!).

"Theory is synonymous with practical only until you really put the theory into practice"----- wise people will catch what i just edged with both hands. That was way back in November, and this is early February -- i am still under terrible scrutiny from within regarding the way i have gone about things.

Just highlighting the ire arising out of my involvement with Aurora--

The distances i have fashioned with my close buddies -

I have a strong reason to write this at the helm. It is no dishonour to confess that I never had much to say in this regard before, but, semi-colons are spiraling into colons , commas are whirling into full-stops ……NOW.

People brand me as obtrusively ambitious and obsessed with Aurora, how can I explain what matters most to me intricately is your presence besides me. I sense my buddies wanting to associate and contribute but equally reluctant to approach me …… perhaps something holds them back which I would not like to explicitly highlight. Corollary summarises my detachment with my intimate buddies. I spend my days in my room craving for a conversation however minimal it is destined to be.

Work is to be done more out of passion than a crave for recognition- It was me and Nitin sir who were here during the winter vacations, gruelling for sponsorships. My mom was the only source of motivation often highlighting that more people would join in once they sense some recognition in the offing. The deal with VLCC which brings Euphoria into IIITM was framed and reframed repeatedly…… in the process I realized its not ‘ME’ who has accomplished this credential…. Its infact ‘HIM’ who takes charge at the right time. People want to be officially within the committees even when they know deep within themselves that their contribution towards the cause is zilch.

Team Psychology- We now have a team of volunteers all being a part of the vicious cycle of complacency and aloofness. Pretty difficult to get things worked out especially if seniors are involved. However, I know you won’t be reading this but let me thank you, still--- Robby sir, Nitin sir, Ankit, Ayush and Pranjal. If all works out well, I owe you people much more than the customary party.

GATE- Hmmm…. Why am serious about this at all???? Mujhe to MBA karni hain. A pretty stupid sway but I am certainly not able to devote much time towards this endeavour. Sorry mom n dad …. I know you will be hurt if you come to know what your son is really up to, over here.

SYSTEM- I perceive we as students are being crushed silently in the cold war which exists between the higher authorities in our college ( I am trying my best to stay away from the controversial jargon). I reminisce with acute nostalgia the poem in which Papa asks Johney(the student) wether he is eating sugar or perhaps lying. Here in IIITM, Johney is requesting, appealing and sometimes even yelling for Papa for the slightest possible assistance. Nonetheless, Papa is preoccupied with his own sphere. Johney is left on his kneels in a remote corner within our academic block of magnanimous proportions---- sobbing, curling and waiting for the hand which would embrace his shoulders. He’s still waiting……………….

Thanks to blog world—my punching bag.

7 comments:

desperado said...

first let me say this...
Aurora'06 is a success even before it has begun
YOu and your team have done what had not been done till now...

Its easy to stand out and say that things are not proper..but believe me I know how tough it is in this college to organise even a simple thing
SO hats off buddy to your determination.

And dont loose heart boy...system of our college...least said the better

And stand wth pride cause you have done a good job

P.S. But i'll stick kick ur ass for not inviting a rock band...lol

Anonymous said...

i clone what dhruv has said except for the post script

Sanjeev said...

@dhruv @sanjay

Thanks for replying at the first place.... whatever you wrote was minimal but the motivation i have derived out of your words will certainly allow me to carry the flag for a few days atleast... check you later

johney said...

It would do no justice to write down on this small space about his endeavour for aurora. And I leave such things to those who can do much more better than me, like Dhruv.

People at their best, when it comes to flabbergasted remarks as if they were established peers or saints professing disciplinary and moral virtues.

Indeed yes, we people tend to give advices as if we are peers or saints. And such should not be so, yet it is. We live in a world that is not fair.

How many of you like to be showered upon by praise and upteem recognition????

I do not clearly understand what people meant by praise and recognition. They seem to allude the same words to the deceits of the Enemy.

I spend my days in my room craving for a conversation however minimal it is destined to be.

Maye, it is not the friends who are not available for intimate conversations as you said. Maybe it is you yourself who is missing from the scene. I may not be one of your intimate friends but it has been more than many times in which I came to meet you but you were not available.

Work is to be done more out of passion than a crave for recognition

I am glad that you work out of passion rather then for recognition. For very few are those in this world who thinks along in those lines.

People want to be officially within the committees even when they know deep within themselves that their contribution towards the cause is zilch.
Again I would like to emphasise that we live in a a world where dogs eats dogs. And we must always be ready to face them.

And one thing about the Team Psychology you mentioned. Human beings are very complex organism. It is pretty difficult to manage them when two of them are involved in something.

And about the GATE thing, I believe your parents will be very proud because you did and you are doing what you believe in and not what other people believed in for you.

And about the system, tell me of one smooth flowing system where authority is concerned. There exist none.

And about the beautiful epic poem, I must first make a clarification that the name of the Protagonist is not Johney but Johnny. And I hope that the Johnny in you would continue to lie when it is needed. And I very much wish and pray that Papa would hear the call of Johnny, his son, inspite of his preoccupation.

And what if Papa does not hear? Where shall I search for the poor boy? Where shall I look for him? Where is the sound of the cries coming from? Where shall I find him to take him in the arms and tell him to cry no more? Where shall I find him?

This reminds me of another famous poem called Casabianca ( not Casablanca ). It tells about a courageous boy who dies waiting for his father on a burning ship.

I hope our Johnny does not meet the same fate. I hope...

Anonymous said...

Hello…what happened?? Frustrated n weak??? Well..do not be..more than half the battle is won. I know things tend to get tough towards the end but u cant let the flame burn out..not now..Just that extra drive is needed n the endeavour will be completed successfully.

What system are u talking about?? Are v not an integral part of this system??…Are v perfect?? Then how can v expect a system to be error-free?? Every clock has two faces..it is quite possible that the face u r seeing is invisible to others..n vice versa.They may never understand ur interests(n they r right in their own respect). It is the way things are…
Even if u think people join for their own whims, do not forget, u took this charge for your own praise n recognition eventually…The world is guided by selfish motives n deep down somewhere, we are all selfish. You may have found out a more genuine driving force for ur work..but others are as they are…Still, their r people who will b more than willing to help…(not for u or for themselves..but for the institute)

Anyways…as of now..work hard but enjoy the process at the same time..n dont worry about the fruit…u have achieved results already n have also learnt a lot of things which will help u to live thru similar situations in future..Remember u cannot control 100%.Give it ur best shot but if u sense that the things r going out of ur reach…pray n leave it to God!!

When u feel desolated or gloomy..speak up, atleast let ur friends know u need them. Nothing heals a friendship better than an open heart conversation..n if u r imploring for time…then think again..time waits for none…u should find time n act…now!!!

Out of 10,000 good things about parents, one is that they r always contented when they see their children happy…(provided they r not on a wrong track). I am sure if u explain ur parents about GATE n ur career plans, they’d understand. But u have to believe in urself first, before u let them believe in u…n more than anything else they’ b sad to see u worried at this time.

Y cant Johnny realize that Papa neednt be a physical being that ought to be actually present all the time by his side. Papa can b in any form…a force..a light, an inspiration, courage, joy, patience, perseverance, prayer…anything..may b when u close ur eyes next time, u find Him.

They say- follow the lead on a known path or choose a new way…untrodden..n leave ur footsteps behind…U have made ur choice..n i am sure ur feat will inspire others..

Last thing..i am eagerly awaiting our cultural fest this year..

Sanjeev said...

@johney
thanks for pegging me back regarding the spell check on the protagonist i've potrayed.Also your replies in conjunction with my words are very much pertinent.

@ruchika
i never knew you could talk with such wits(Every clock has two faces... perhaps!!!).Your musings are impressive for sure..... this journey has been an exponential learning curve.

Sanjeev said...

@geetanjali
thanks for your musings...... of course i feel encouraged a ton by those words. and affirmative, that one learns only through experience not by words.