Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The 'END' marks a new 'BEGINNING'

My dad finally retires and addresses adios to the organisation which consecrated his identity to him..... something which i have used often to veil my 'mistakes'. Its the end of an era for my Dad who symbolised a 'judicious mix of honesty, integrity, discipline and vibrancy' to me. His answer to my question of what he does in office still reverberate in my ears. I was in class 3 then, and he told me that he reads newspapers in office. And i felt ashamed to reveal it to my friends then. Its something which i still cannot reveal in public domain....... reasons may be personal, may also be secretive to an extent.

Never in my past, have i heard my dad criticise the Govt. He opined that contextualizing a system meant to usurp the worriments of a populous nation is no mean task and it called for compromises and alterations at various levels of granularity. No matter how much we criticise the Government of India, emergence and sustenance of a system as behemoth as this is commendable. We have innumerable trepidations regarding the functioning and future of our machinery and we often stretch ourselves in pillorying this structure. The only shining billets for us in this dark lantern of magnanimous proportions are our parents who have reaped the benefits of complying with this system and nurtured us with essential wherewithal.Privatisation has infused best-practices and benchmarks but they do not take anything away from the goverrnment which fructified development when the country belonged to 'God men and Snake charmers'.

No wonder why we get so may request regarding benchmarks and best practices in GRCC.

ALL THE VERY BEST DAD.... I KNOW THE ONUS IS ON SATHYAN AND I TO TAKE IT FORWARD FROM HERE..... WE'LL DO OUR BEST!!!

5 comments:

sanjay said...

All the best from me too. :)

We don't realize what we have as long as we have it.It certainly requires a lot maintain a nation like India and the freedom we have, albeit with its faults and misgivings.

And the reading newspaper thing, u told me earlier too. man , that makes me laugh but in class 3 you would have find rather difficult.

Sanjeev said...

@sanjay

Thanks dost!!! The newspaper is something that i haven't been able to digest since the time i came to know the veritable facts.

radiohead said...

Where is the card printed in Tamil ? I know at the moment your are sleeping in the same room as I .. but then everything needs to be in written rite?

Sanjeev said...

@anuj
Pardon my laziness dost!!! I tend to forget it everytime i leave for your place. It similar to me forgetting the digi cam everytime we leave for a scan over the weekend.

Good enough for the records... written apologies.

Anonymous said...

Nice, sweet post. All the best to your dad - Really, its poeple like him that actually believe in the true potential of the country!
Keep blogging - Am sure work is not that much that you haven't got the time to update your blog!