Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Envy vs Jealousy

Its been quite some time since I find myself mellowed down … with varying magnitudes at an assortment of junctures, the rationale being my quest to understand the intricacies of the human edge.
The various pedigrees seem to justify their recital and strokes, they play their roles in the skirmish with varying impetus. The cause for unision seems to be more out of jealousy than envy…. since jealousy will propel u to try and scratch the other’s back rather than straightening yours. Envy seems to arouse a healthy competition which fabricates one’s paramount features.

My walk through the power corridoor seems to make me arrogant to the core …(nice rhyme) , I must confess to it even though I have no rhyme or reason…. no capability either, but it’s a stimulating dispute within. Things seem to ease out exponentially when I have a retort to offer to my beloved anonymous, and that too a brute one… and there is no respite in this regard. I am Really thankful to the man who has instilled so many qualities within me ….. had I been party to these kind of pressure tactics right from infancy, it would have been a different ball game by now.


Pretty sad that Shrivastava sir is being made to leave this institute in such circumstances, wish everything falls back in place for him …. as he wished for !!!! I consider it an honour that he remembered me and dispensed those words for me….. they stand to encourage me for a long time from now.
But these bastards are hell bent on screwing up this place, have witnessed some unforgettable episodes of late… they have been very toxic!!!!
I have learnt to swim against the tide though not with proficiency, but this marks a new beginning within me, a benign one. And I have started admiring people around for the wealth of genius they seem to conceal within their skin, and in the same monotonous tone have I started to despise the fictitious glances which never appear to flee my vision.

And i could sense your affection when i ate the mangoes........... mummy !!!

3 comments:

johney said...

I must point it out that I agree not with your justification and beautification of Envy by condemning Jealousy. They are equally sinful and must be looked upon with equal disdain.

And it is a sad thing that happenned to Shrivastava Sir, for he deserved so much. But the world that we live is not a fair one. So I will not say who deserves what and who does not, for the prize does not always go to the best or the strongest.

I am happy that you have mellowed down, mellowed, if you are. Let it not be a disguise to hide a growing pride, arrogance and vanity.

Sanjeev said...

@johney
perhaps you gave me another perspective to look at things.... i need to ensure that i do not cultivate a growing pride or arrogance during these times of oblivion.. the mellowing should be authentic !!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »